Universcience is a partner, for the third time, of the Euro-Mediterranean and Middle East Summer School of Science Communication EMME. The 2017 edition will take place at Città della Scienza in Naples, Italy, on 10-15 September.
he EMME Summer School is a training programme for science communication managers from Science centres (existing or in project) or other fields (university, association…). It aims to build the capacities of professionals working in the field of science communication in the Euro-Mediterranean and Middle East regions. It is co-developed by NAMES, the North Africa and Middle East Science centers network, and Ecsite, the European network for science centres and museums.The specific goal of the Summer School is to establish a Euro-Mediterranean and Middle East Framework for science centres and museums to reinforce their capacities, strengthen dialogue and exchange amongst the participating institutions, and increase the community of players working for public engagement with science in the region.
The main aims of the EMME Summer School are to:
· Consolidate existing science centres and museums in the Euro-Mediterranean and Middle East, their activities and programmes;
· Support the development of new science centres and museums, as well as communication projects in the region;
· Enhance science centres and museums’roles in advocacy in society, including but not limited to institutions at the national and regional levels;
· Exchange expertise, practices and activities among professionals in the field;
· Stimulate the development of cooperative projects among the members of the two networks.
The program consists of 5 days with lectures and interactive workshops (with speakers from various science centres, of which Universcience) on key topics of management and science communication.